I have met many women in my photography career, and it breaks my heart when I hear them fret over their weight or appearance. Yes, I know how it feels to have insecurities! But, I wish so many of the women I meet (young ladies as well as mature ones) would see the inherent beauty that their loved ones see radiating from them. I see them, pouring their lives out… changing diapers, helping with college applications, checking homework, preparing meals, going to board meetings, helping clients, dealing with big accounts, dealing with divorce or marriage or step parenting. Being a woman these days is hard. That’s why I believe boudoir sessions truly matter, and why my heart is geared towards helping women see their real value! Sometimes, it takes an outside perspective to do just that. Here are some simple ways to prepare if you are considering a boudoir session:
- Don’t worry about what anyone thinks: Maybe you’ve mentioned this session to a friend or family, and that’ve been skeptical. Maybe they’ve even offered negative comments. I want you to know that a boudoir session needs to be just for YOU! Going in feeling a desire to have a session done is a form of self-care, and you certainly don’t need to feel guilty about a little pampering. Even if you’re doing fun photos to share with a significant other, the experience will boost your self-esteem.
- Decide what you will wear: I am here to help for this part, if you have questions. Many women are not wearing the proper size lingerie, and it makes a huge difference in the way their shoot turns out. I really recommend visiting a place like Bra-la-la in Maple Lawn, to be properly fitted. It actually can change your whole posture and help back pain to have the right lingerie! You’ll also feel more confident. Pinterest can be a big help as well, and you can share a board with me that we can keep private for inspiration.
- Take advantage of our makeup artists! No, you do not have to do professional makeup, but it photographs so beautifully, and you can share your ideas with our makeup artist. If you want a more natural look, that is fine, too! The cost is already included, so it’s the perfect time to indulge yourself in a little fun. Even if you don’t wear a lot of makeup typically, you’d be shocked how much the camera wipes out when it comes to skin tone. Our professional artists can create a natural look that keeps your true style and skin tone from getting washed out, or you can go with a full, glamorous makeover!
- Decide what items you want to purchase: Of course we will show you a variety of items show us gallery canvas wraps, albums, image boxes and prints, but it helps to have a small idea of how you want to use your photos. Maybe you want an album or special canvas made for your spouse, or maybe you just want digital images for yourself. If you let us know your needs, we can help guide your decision.
- Ask about posing and any ideas you may have: Boudoir sessions can be a very intimate/revealing experience, so it’s natural to feel a bit nervous. We are here to help create a professional and stress-free experience, and can guide you through any poses based on what you’re comfortable with. Your comfort and confidence is our top priority, and we want you to get the portraits you’ve dreamed of!
If you’re feeling ready to get started with our guilt-free experience, you can click HERE for our questionnaire!